Thursday, February 2, 2012

29 Faces Challenge Day 1



Pheeewwww  I actually made it!!! Well, sort of, it is actually just about 5am so technically that means it is the 2nd, but I did start painting this on the first and have been going at it all night long! lol  I had one heck of a day today trying to take care of some important matters, Etsy orders, running to the post office and then my first face on top of it all, I am actually amazed that I was able to get it done!  I know her hair isn't done yet but the challenge is called 29 "FACES", faces being the keyword there! lol  This is actually a piece that I am working on for a different February challenge and so instead of sketching out a new face today, which would have taken even more time, I decided to just paint this one that was all ready to go. I hope that counts?  I cropped it out because the rest of the painting isn't finished yet and I don't want to show it til it is. So you will get to see the finished piece on my blog here sometime this month.  

Well folks, its late, I mean early and I am beat, so I am going to call it a night but I will check in and see how everyone else did today when I get up.  Good luck to everyone else participating in this challenge!!!   See you tomorrow with face #2!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, especially the eyes!

Geri said...

Sounds like a hectic night, but the face is wonderful - love her!

Unknown said...

What a night you had!! She's amazing and I love her eyes!!

Melisa said...

I want her to come do my eye makeup for me. :)

IrelandBrady said...

Beautiful eyes and love her pouty little lips!

Ayala Art said...

She loos great, even at this point!

Anne said...

She is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, such a beautiful face. You are very skilled. I cant wait to see the whole painting later in the month.

manomij said...

Lol I think we are in on this one together but who cares that we are late. Better late then never. I love your style and have seen snippets here and there. So fab meeting you and can't wait to see more faces from you!!XXXX

Unknown said...

She is beautiful. I love those gorgeous eyes!

Gloria said...

The color combos are pretty and the smoky eyes with the watery rim are perfect. Is she on the verge of crying? She looks sad, gorgeous painting!

EVA said...

Beautiful and petulant face! Great job!!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

stunning! i f you didn't say, i wouldn't have known she wasn't finished. i thought she was a platinum blonde. thank you for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

MangaMem said...

Her eyes are stunning! You have such a cool style!

Jenny said...

LOVE her Lizzy... gorgeous shading around her eyes... can't wait to see more :))

Hugs
Jenny x

denthe said...

She is lovely!

Crochet Addict UK said...

Love the eyes!

Anonymous said...

Great face and of course the eyes are wonderful!

Amber said...

I think it counts ;) I can't wait to see the finished piece. She's beautiful - both strong and vulnerable.

Shani said...

Following oddball art co via GFC as kiss_shani

kiss_shani@hotmail.com

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love it- working on stylized faces today.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Rinda

Angie said...

Love her! She is so cute and sassy!

Unknown said...

I love her eyes, something mystical and beautiful at the same time!

ksyshenka(at)yahoo(dot)com

Trixie said...

I love the painting, the eyes are great