Thursday, December 9, 2010

Art Attack - Car Art

Sorry for not having anything good or worthy enough for Art Attack the last couple of days but I think I have finally come across something cool enough to show you.  I surfed the net looking at so much art, I looked at art done on canvas and art done on walls and different types of sculptures until I came across something I really wasn't expecting and that is, 'Car Art.'  and why not? 

It turns out that there is an awful lot of very funky and artistic things that you can do to and with a car. I went ahead and started researching the subject and what I found out is, first of all, I have been saying it wrong and 'Car Art' is actually called an 'Art Car' and is defined as a vehicle that has had its appearance modified as an act of personal artistic expression. Art cars are often driven and owned by their creators, who are sometimes referred to as "Cartists."

I am not going to get into all of the nitty gritty details and history of the 'Art Car' here and instead just get straight down to what we all want to see, and that is some cool art.  So here are the best of the best pics that I could find to give you a good idea of what this kind of art is all about and here is a LINK to a good definition and background history of the 'Art Car' that I could find.



















No comments: