Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Paintings

I have 3 new paintings to share with you today and a couple of more on the way as soon as I get them photographed as well.   As some may have already noticed I have started writing poems to go with each of my new paintings just as I have always done with my art dolls and I am totally addicted to it! lol  It just happens without even thinking about it now, as I am painting the picture I am writing the poem in my head at the same time, I dont think I could stop even if I tried lol So for each of my originals that have a poem assocciated with it I will be including the poem either written on the back where possible or if it isn't possible then it will be included printed on a separate card.  All three of these originals are now available in my Etsy Shop and just the first 2 are available there in print form as well.   These are the new paintings and their poems....

My Pet Monster
8" x 10"
acrylic on canvas panel

My pet monster
best friend I ever had
through all the good times
and even all the bad
we walk the streets together
some people gawk and stare
when you moan "hi" to them
it gives them quite the scare
I don't mind when you drool
and your eyes rolls in your head
your still totally cool 
and always welcome in my bed
and when your limbs and tail
fall off and need repair
I can stitch them on again
I will always be right there

Zombie Ballet
6" x 8"
acrylic on canvas panel

Ever so gracefully 
she dances all around
across the floor
up and down
as she performs
the Zombie Ballet
ever so beautifully
on this special day!


Zombie Kittie
4" x 4" x 1.5"
mixed media on artists wood block

My Zombie Kittie 
is so cool
even though
she moans and drools
shes always there
if I feel sad
to cheer me up
by being bad
we always have
the very most fun
even when 
we get chased by guns
there's always room 
in my cozy bed
for my zombie kitty
even if shes undead

1 comment:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I LOVE the zombie kitten! Your poems to go with them are so cool! I unfortunately lack such talent!