Monday, January 21, 2013

ACEO Swap

For the new year I have taken part in an ACEO Swap going on within the ACETSY Team and I just finished mine last night!  For anyone unsure of what an ACEO is...

ACEO = Art Cards Editions & Originals
must be 2.5" x 3.5" in size and can be any medium
very collectible and quite often traded 
when trading they are often referred to as ATC
ATC = Artists Trading Cards

 For this swap they must be new originals done for the swap so my partner and I decided on a theme that was "Dark, Raven, Crow, Gothic" and so this is what I came up with...







This ACEO is titled "Cheer" and is mixed media done on a piece of linen canvas paper.  I used an old page out of a book, modge podge, gesso, Rooibos Tea to stain and acrylic paint and ink for the picture.  It is signed, titled and dated on the back and comes with a certificate of authenticity which is also pictured with it.  As well I wrote a little poem to go with it and it is also written on the back of the artwork.   This is the poem...

He stands and waits
he watches the clock
time ticks by
tick tock tick tock
here it is
a brand new year
he celebrates
the loudest cheer!

Would love to hear your comments or criticisms below...

9 comments:

Amanda Q. said...

I love this ACEO! Would love to see more like this in your shop! I think you did a wonderful job! <3

Lizzy Love said...

Thank you Amanda, appreciate your feedback very much!!! :) I think I will do some for the shop!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I love it! Can't wait to get it!!!

Lizzy Love said...

Thank you Gail, I will send it to you by weeks end, I just varnished it today and am waiting for it to dry fully before I put it in the sleeve to ship. Cant wait to see yours! :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Great aceo!!! Gail is going to love it!!!

Ayala Art said...

Cute and lovely!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Lizzy, wow it turned out beautiful. Love it!

IrelandBrady said...

It turned out beautifully! I love it!

Lizzy Love said...

Thank you everyone, your feedback is very much appreciated!!!!! :)