Saturday, October 8, 2011

Far Out Show

I have been and currently am a busy bee with all the shows and projects I have on the go right now!  I just finished 3 pieces for a show at the Leamington Arts Centre titled the Far Out Show - This is an ANYTHING GOES Show! Open to all artists, any medium, any size. Abstract, bizarre, comical, surreal, sublime or anything at all!  The show will be open Oct. 12 to Nov. 5 with the opening reception being this Friday Oct. 14 from 7pm - 9pm.  If you are reading this and are local why not come by and check it out, should be an interesting show!

I have also been working on a new project making one of a kind art dolls, Oddball style of course! lol  I can't wait to share those with you but its still a little ways off.  I was so excited to start work on them though that I started when I was still working on the Far Out Show pieces and not finished yet, I have learned my lesson from this though and will never do it again.  Because of poor time management I was forced to pull an all nighter Thursday night in an effort to finish my paintings in time for the deadline and get my paintings to Leamington in time, I did and with 15 mins to spare! lol 

I did manage to score some photos before I brought them there as well, please forgive my poor lighting with these photos as I did not have anytime as you now know.  Hopefully I can possibly get some new photos before they sell, we will see, but for now these will have to do....

The Zebra Effect 1
16" x 16" x 1.5"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

 The Zebra Effect 2
16" x 16" x 1.5"
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

The Zebra Effect 3
20" x 10" x 3/4"
Acrylic on Stretched Canvas

3 comments:

cathouseprints said...

Well you have been busy! I am anxious to see the dolls. Good luck at the show and wish I was local to check it out.

Love the paintings and for some reason I feel that Zebra Effect #3 is sad.

Kathryn Sturges said...

I love the zebra effect spider! Your spider web paintings are so awesome!

Berendina Dykema said...

I love the Zebra Effect 1 print. I really like the colors and design. The butterflies are beautiful, great detail.I really like the background design as well. Your paintings are really unique and really keeps you looking.