Monday, October 31, 2011

3 New Oddlings...


Just listed in my Etsy Shop yesterday and just in time for Halloween!!!  Spot (blue & black leopard print), Spotty (pink & black leopard print),  Dotty (pink & white polka dots) & myself would like to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!  I have 3 more in progress but I have had to set them a side just til I get my 3 little paintings done in time for this Saturdays deadline for the Miniatures Show at the Leamington Arts Gallery.  I will post pics here when I have finished, should be the next couple of days sometime.  After all, they are miniature! lol

As for the 3 new Oddlings, one thing that sets these 3 a part from the rest I have done so far is that these ones have been made with absolutely no buttons anywhere on them.  After receiving several comments at the last show I did about buttons and young children, I decided to do a few young child friendly.  When I first started these Art Dolls I did not intend on them being for young children but that's not to say they shouldn't be able to enjoy them too. If you do see anything in the pics that resembles a button it is simply fabric cut and sewn on to look like a button.  These 3 also don't have the pierced ears and earrings like the last 3 did, I figured if buttons were bad then so were earrings. lol  So here are some individual pics of each one...











I hope everyone is enjoying their Halloween no matter what you have planned.  I just found out about my friend Natasha May's Halloween Linky Party so I am heading over there to mingle and might I suggest you do the same!  :)


10 comments:

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Happy Halloween! Thanks for coming to my party! :) I absolutely love your Oddlings! And congrats on the show. Hope it goes well for you. :)

Christine said...

Your oddlings are so cute, and great idea not to have buttons although they look like they do!

Unknown said...

How can you not love these little oddlings ... such inspiration. Beautiful, Beautiful! Happy Halloween .. let those incredible creations keep coming. :o) Donna

WrightStuff said...

I just love all their natty little poses!

Mary Walker said...

These dolls are a 50/50 of cute and creepy, I like that, Happy Halloween.

Kristin Dudish said...

These are great - such fun fabric combinations :)

xo
Kristin

Joni Nickrent said...

These are awesome...love the name too! POP ART MINIS

Unknown said...

these are super cool. i really love your blog - the colors are awesome :))
happy halloween :)
xxa

Unknown said...

OMG! They are all very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My fav is Spot^_^

K said...

Your Oddlings are really ... odd ;) (That'd be the highest score, wouldn't it?) We made some not so odd oddlings as well on Halloween, or rather the children did, with their own designs, but one isn't finished yet so I'll post them on Saturday.
Thanks for your comment on my blog :)
Kitty