Tuesday, July 9, 2013

For The Love Of Art

Well, Im going into week 2 of this horrible nasty cold that I seemed to have caught!  Though sick I have still been doing some painting though not as much as I would have liked.  I can't really afford to be sick with another show only a week and a half away!

Anywho, with the whining out of the way I can share with you what I have managed to complete here so far. This first painting that I am going to share with you was inspired by the general public at the art shows that I do.  Too often I hear from people about how they love my art and would love to buy some of it but it just doesn't match their decor in their house at the moment!  I just want to scream every time I hear this!  Personally I think that if you are buying art just because it matches your couch, or a lamp, or a rug, then those are all the wrong reasons to buy art!  When you buy a piece of original artwork that is something that is probably going to be with you for the rest of your life so it should be purchased because you have a love for that artwork, because it "speaks" directly to you in some way!  Furniture and our home decor in general will change over the years so if you are buying art only because it happens to match the color of your couch at the moment then what happens when you get a new couch?  I could go on an on.... this is a rant that I am extremely passionate about but instead of ranting about it with words I put my passion into a new painting and so I digress...




"Art Doesn't Have 2 Match The Couch"
6" x 12" x 1.5"
mixed media on wood

After selling completely out of all the mini owl canvas's that I finished previously, I did manage to complete another one which is the first of many more to come.  This owl painting was inspired by a line of Adidas clothes that I was looking at with my husband at the mall recently.  I really loved the neon colors and geometric patterns...




"Rad"
4" x 4" x 1.5"
mixed media on canvas




No comments: