Thursday, September 13, 2012

I Wish I Could Paint This Fast!

This may sound crazy but I have finally got my very first webcam a couple of days ago off Ebay and decided to put it to use right away!   I do not have any experience with making videos at all, never owned a video camera either so this is all brand new to me but I decided anyhow that I wanted to make a speed painting video of my recent painting. 

The painting took me apprx 12 hours to complete but the video is under 10 mins long and I know that it is not the greatest video out there but for my very first one I think its not too bad.   I know that the next one is going to be way better and I will tell you why if you promise not to laugh at me....

I previously mentioned that I have never owned a video camera and it turns out that that was a lie! lol  Atleast I THOUGHT that I have never owned a video camera!  Little did I know that I had one right under my fingertips this whole time! lol  My Kodak 14 megapixel camera that I use almost everyday is also a video camera and it records a very nice video I just found out today.   So for my next speed painting video which I am starting in a few minutes I am going to use my regular camera on my tripod and hopefully get a much nicer looking video then the one I did with my new webcam which was attached the computer the entire time and making it really difficult to shoot the video and paint at the same time. 

Anywho, we all have to start somewhere, so without further ado, here is my first attempt at video making.  Comments and criticisms are welcomed below.


Boundless Beauty
12x12x1.5
Acrylic on Canvas
www.oddballartco.etsy.com

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Your girlie is beautiful! I'm sorry, but I couldn't get the video to play. I'd love to see how you work, so I'll keep my eye out for the next one :)